September is “put together a working board” time for the upcoming elections!
That is to say the nominating committee soon needs to be in place. From the By-laws section 4 nominations:
“During the month of September the Board shall select a Nominating Committee consisting of three members and two alternates, not more than one whom may be a current member of the Board.”
We would love for you to put your name forward to serve! The N/C is not difficult and since it meets by teleconference- it’s simple.
The Board will choose from names submitted to be on the N/C.
Positions that are open are:
- Vice President.
- This position is not required to be the show chair. It can be, but it is not required.
- 2- board of director positions
These are all 2 year terms. The BOD meets by teleconference every other month and usual time on the teleconference is 30-40 mins. In short, it is not a laborious task to undertak, but it is important.
The clubs health and vitality works best when it can bring in new blood with fresh ideas.
We are looking to recruit those of you willing to share talents and creativity. It's your club and filling the posts with new members is a good thing.
You can read the description of officer/BOD duties on www.stcgdenver.org and then click on STCGD documents.
Listed below is the description of the N/C job.
Thank you all for your consideration!
President - STCGD
From the By-laws
Section IV. Nominations
No person may be a candidate in a Club Election who has not been nominated. During the month of September the Board shall select a Nominating Committee consisting of three members and two alternates, not more than one whom may be a current member of the Board. The Secretary shall immediately notify the committee persons and alternates of their selection. The Board shall name a Chairperson for the committee, and it shall be his or her duty to call a committee meeting which shall be held on or before October 1st.
- The committee shall nominate one candidate for each office and for the five other positions on the Board including the STCA Delegate, and, after securing the consent of each person so nominated, shall immediately report their nominations to the Secretary in writing.
- Upon receipt of the Nominating Committee's report, the Secretary shall before October 1st, notify each member in writing of the candidates so nominated.
- Additional nominations may be made at the meeting prior to the Annual Meeting by any member in attendance, provided that the person so nominated accepts when his or her name is proposed, and provided further that if the proposed candidate is not in attendance at this meeting, his or her proposer shall present to the Secretary, a written statement from the proposed candidate signifying his or her willingness to be a candidate.
- No person may be a candidate for more than one position, and the additional nominations which are provided herein may be made only among those members who have not accepted a nomination from the Nominating Committee.
- Nominations cannot be made at the Annual Meeting or in any manner other than provided in this Section.