SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) FOR BREEDER REFERRAL CHAIR
Scottish Terrier Club of Greater Denver
The Board appointed Breeder Referral Chair serves a one-year term as the Club's contact person for the public regarding sources for obtaining a Scottish Terrier. The Chair's name & e-mail address are listed on the STCGD website.
- Respond promptly to e-mail inquiries, determining preferences for adult or puppy and time-frame for purchase.
- Contact Club member breeders on a quarterly basis (1 Jan, 1 Apr, 1 Jul, 1 Oct) to determine availability.
- Refer to Club member breeders if pups are available or anticipated, or if an adult may be available for re-homing.
- Refer to Rocky Mountain Scottish Terrier Club , if applicable.
- Refer to other Regional Club Breeder Referral Chairs, or National Club Breeder Referral Chair, if applicable.
- Maintain a statistical record of the number of inquiries and report such information annually to the STCGD.
- Work to insure a positive outcome for a prospective Scottish Terrier buyer, and good public relations for the Scottish Terrier Club of Greater Denver.